Please note this article applies only to Personal, Professional, and District subscription accounts.
User settings, including interface settings, text to speech settings, access method settings, and symbol and language settings can be customized for each instructor, and, in the case of a Personal subscription, for the student/child playing the activity.
Settings that can be customized include:
1. Interface settings:
- Display a Stop Activity button on all pages of each activity played.
- Select message window symbolate properties.
- Set up auto-capitalize and auto-speech properties.
- Select the page orientation and print margins for printing activities.
2. Access Method settings:
- Select and customize an access method.
3. Text To Speech settings:
- Choose a speaking voice and the rate at which the voice will speak.
- Enable audio cues and select a voice, speech rate, and volume.
- Enable highlighting each word in the message window as it is read.
4. Symbol & Language settings:
- Set your symbol preferences.
- Define word prediction settings.
Note: Student and instructor (all user) settings can also be customized using the User Settings dialog when playing an activity. (Select the double arrow at the top left corner of the screen to open the Activity Toolbar > Settings> User Settings.)
1. Select My Boardmaker > My Playlist.
2. Select the Edit User Settings button.
The User Settings dialog will open. Use the User Settings dialog to customize the user settings.
For specific instructions on customizing user settings, please see: